Thursday, April 03, 2008

"They just don't understand me..."



I'll make this short.

You know  how people always say, "My Family just doesn't understand me." 
The way I figured it, that statement should be, 
"My Family just doesn't understand me the way I want to be understood."

My stance has always been this: your family will always know you in a way you will never begin to comprehend till the day you have a family of your own. Even then, some people just never figure that out.

But there are times, when you do feel like you're left out hanging on a lurch when it comes to family. That's undeniable. I've felt that way for a while now. Especially with my current career endeavours. For the first time in my life, when I try to consult anyone in my family about what I want to do or what I am doing, I see a truly blank expression or a idle glaze spread across their faces. I mean, I get the generation gap stuff, but I didn't think that would apply to my current path of career of start-ups etc.

Everytime I've tried to get some sort of input on an idea I have or just my overall plan - I usually get, "You don't have to explain yourself to me. As long as you know what you're doing..."

I guess that means I have to know what I'm doing then innit?

1 comment: