Sunday, October 22, 2006

Frankenstein In Love (FiL)'s TVC.

Well...time has really flown right by. Not too long ago, I was still worrying about whether I got through my Final Law Exams. I was scared shitless at the prospect of failing and having to do the whole year again. On top of that, I was worried about my future. What was I going to do with the rest of my life?

In such a short span of time, my life has taken on a new form. It's a little unnerving and exciting at the same time.

"La di da" right? Everyone goes through this sort of thing at some point or another. So I shan't ramble on about something I'll probably ramble about some day when I actually have time to sit down and ramble. *Grin.

FiL update:


We open on the 27th of this month. Talk about time flying by! This is a scary ass play. And I don't mean that in a sense that it is a horror play.

FiL is so freakin' cool on so many levels and yet it is a play that can bite at the actors if it is not performed well. It has become so apparent to me (and the whole cast), especially so in this last leg approaching opening night - that the level of focus and commitment required for every role in this play and in evert scene of both ACT 1 and ACT 2 - is so demanding that a single person losing focus is enough to bring down the energy of the entire cast! I've seen it happen in rehearsals - and that scares the shit out of me.

It's amazing how on one night - the play can be so riveting that I can hardly move when I'm watching the play (when I'm not involved in the scene lah that is) and yet on some nights, the play can be a painful thing to watch.

Anyway, I won't go into the intricacies of why this is so right now. Suffice to say, getting a big role in a play of this nature is certainly a double edged sword. But the bottom line is the same I suppose, I'll either suck big time or I'll be bloody brilliant!

Ok, that's it for now. Visit frankenstein-in-love.blogspot.com for more on the play. Or refer to my previous post Frankenstein in Love (FiL).

Once again, for those of you who are coming to watch the play, drop me a sms when you're there, I'll make a conscious effort to come out and see you guys for coming!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck tomorrow mate.

Anonymous said...

Madness comes naturally to u Micheal Chen... LOL. Congrats on a good opening night!

disco-very said...

my lil sis thought you were quite the hottie onstage, and that was even before she found out that i knew you!

it was fantastic watching you do your crazy thing. congratulations mate! i'm glad i've decided to watch the show twice... see you again tonight :D