Monday, January 22, 2007

Day 1 & Day 2 done.

If you have read "The Director in Me", you would know that I have decided to make a short and enter the BMW Shorties competition. Here's a brief summary of what has happened with the whole process thus far.

- After all that brainstorming with Anrie and Davina - I eventually came up with a strong idea.

- Met up with Nick, Jeremy and Amy (my initial Editor) at Coffee Bean in SS2 - discussed further. At this point, I had only scripted Scene 1 and Scene 2 of my short.

- Amy pulled out of the team because she has too much work to deal with - I should know - I see her working her ass off at the office everyday.

- But nevermind, I have faith in Nick. He's one talented bugger.

- I went for the BMW Shorties workshop.

- Managed to get feedback on my script from Gregory Wee and James Lee - both are Judges in the competition.

- Met up with whole crew (Nick, Anrie, Davina, Jeremy) at SS2 McD's - sorted out schedules and duties.

- Bought some EQ - then myself, Anrie, Nick and Jeremy went to recce some locations.

- Yesterday - we shot Scene 2. Went rather smooth for the first time out.

- Everything is set at night. So, it's always going to be tough.

- Today, was tough as hell. Shot Scene 1 - indoors, Anrie's attic - very intense but also smooth enough. I got the best out of Davina.

- Then we went out to shoot Scene 5 around Hartamas between Davina and Colin. Tough. Very tough. Rain. Traffic. Lighting. Everything was a problem.

- Hopefully we got all the shots we needed and we can use all of them.

And thats a very brief brief. :)

I'm out.
p/s: To my cast an crew! You guys are 'da bomb!!!!' - also, We Jun - thanks for stopping by and helping with Scene 1 man ... I really appreciate it.
 

No comments: