Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Take Risks.

it's 1 pm. take risks, life's more interesting that way.

in that sense, i suppose you can call me a gambler. don't get me wrong, i weigh the pros and cons of situations before taking risks. but sometimes - even if the cons outweigh the pros - i still jump into the lake with both feet without a float - hoping that even if things go sour and turn out pear shaped - that i'd be able to swim out back to land. that's me.

i take risks. most of the time, i do it because, life's just too short not to take them. sometimes, i take risks because the potential rewards would be too great to just miss out on without even giving it a chance. i take risks because i hate looking back and wondering - "fu*k, wonder what would have happenned if i did try it?"

i'm not perfect. life's not perfect. sometimes, i make the wrong decisions and take miscalculated risks on the spur of the moment. following my right brain. thinking about passion rather than reason. nevertheless, i commit. i commit to the rewards. i'll also commit to the possible scars. what doesn't kill me - will make me stronger or at the very least - make me a little wiser.

shit happens - tough - deal with it.

besides, what's the point of going through life without any sort of adversity. you'll just kinda float on by without actually 'doing' anything worth being satisfied about. it doesn't matter if your efforts go unnoticed by the world at large.

i think i've done a pretty decent job if when the day i die - one person will remember me for what i was and respected me for what i've done. and if that one person would live out his/her life with some of 'me' in mind or heart and passing that on to another. and that other would live out with that same some of 'me'...and goes on and on. then i'll never die.

heck some people don't even get that right? let's quote bon jovi here...

Each night I go to bed I pray the Lord my soul to keep No I ain't looking for forgiveness But before I'm six foot deep Lord,I got to ask a favor And I'll hope you'll understand 'Cause I've lived life to the fullest Let the boy die like a man Staring down the bullet Let me make my final stand Shot down in a blaze of glory Take me now but know the truth I'm going out in a blaze of glory Lord I never drew first But I drew first blood and I'm no one's son Call me young gun I'm a young gun

signing off, the common jack amongst the kings and queens...



No comments: