Saturday, April 22, 2006

this morning,

my handphone alarm rang at 9 am. i wake up and go through my early morning routine lah. i go downstairs to my kitchen - make myself a cup of coffee and get some sandwiches toasted in the sandwich toaster. the initial plan was - have a little breakfast, freshen up and read up a little on Jurisprudence (a subject i'm doing) before going to lectures which were to begin at 2pm at college.

i turn on the tv and was flipping channels as i was eating my breakfast. i hit ChannelV and the new video with Will.I.Am with Erykah Badu was playing ("That Heat" from Sergio Mendes). in it, Will was putting out some smooth moves which reminded me of the days i used perform dance stuff when i was a teen.

i always used to put up a front as if i didn't wanna do it - but inside i actually really wanted to! haha - yep, the secret's out.

anyway, this move he does in the video - real smooth like ... if you can imagine, he starts out with some fancy footwork then he slides out his right leg straight and his left leg bends and he touches ground with his right hand and immediately flips over on the right straight leg standing up again and does some more fancy footwork. damn cool. if you can picture it lah. :)

my signature move was somewhat similar, i used to start with some fancy footwork - cut into a MC Hammer style split, flip over to my stomache, do a push up, flip over and kick at the same time and if i could, i'd do a one handed somersault flip backwards on to my feet again! i wonder if i can still do that.

anyway, so there i was thinking about it ... and i suddenly get this itch to see if i could still do it. i finish up my breakfast and rush back into my room. now, there's not much space in my room so i couldn't try what i wanted to do. instead i tried to do what Will.I.Am did in the video and i ended up adding on my own little choreography since i couldn't remember what was the fancy footwork he did. what fun!

(i must sound so lame at this point. but what the heck...)

anyway, i do the whole move a few times and my Mum comes knocking on my door. i sit myself back down on my chair all sweaty and open the door.

Mum looks at me and goes, "What are you doing?"

and i of course say, "Nothing." and grinned back with beads of sweat on my forehead and sliding down my neck.

Mum says, "Ooooook..." and closes the door.

then i took a shower and tried to do my reading. :)

it was a cool little piece of dance i choreographed though. lol - one day, if i'm drunk enough and the opportunity arises for me to do it - i just might show it off.

signing off, the commonjack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're never drunk...

so how?

Alysia S. said...

actually he is... he just pretends he isn't... =p