Monday, September 05, 2005

the good stuff.

when times get tough - a wise man said, "try and remember the good stuff..."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
so here i am trying to remember the good stuff. and i came across my own friendster account. but before i there - allow me a little trip off tangent for a moment...

the art of writing a testimonial for another person.

according to dictionary.com - testimonial means:
A written affirmation of another's character or worth; a personal recommendation.

its quite a meaningful thing. its a PERSONAL recommendation. an AFFIRMATION of another's character or worth ... geez - i don't know about you, but i think it's quite a big deal. what i personally feel about another person's worth - the testimonials i write for others are well thought up and are not written or given for the mere sake of doing a testimonial. if i do one, i'd wanna try my utmost to make it worth something.

and yet you get a lot of people out there writing stuff like - "...he's nice, she's sweet, yada yada...". i guess it's just me making a mountain out of a molehill but i think those sort of adjectives make me go, "oh really? well, thanks."

when i write a testimonial, i want to try and make the recepient of it go, "WOW. i never knew he thought of me that way..." and hopefully give the person a little smile.

at that - i digress. back to "the good stuff".

reading some of the good stuff friends wrote about me are really cool. most of them put a little smile on my face. but the best was one that came from an unlikely source. someone whom i didn't think knew me that well and yet she saw parts of me i never really noticed myself. (LOL - i just realised this last sentence sounds a little dodgy...but nevermind...)

reading what she wrote about me always puts a smile on my face...so here it is for you guys to have a little read.

*Commonjack is my ever-ready most dependable guy in law school - although I started off thinking that he was a flake for flaking off our attempts of study-meets so many times. Little did he suspect, I was actually quite happy to flake off myself too, but will never allow myself the indulgence unless someone else flaked off the meeting.. ooh, what a blah..

anyway, *Commonjack and his occasional 'out of the blue', 'no reason at all', 'though it seems like a very good reason to join him' chuckles, halfway through class, makes me want to sit next to him every single time.

Plus he is always following what is going on in class if I ever get lost. And he doesn't gossip or complain or blab incessantly like most people his age, *Commonjack was my appointed shepherd for my law studies.. but alas I was the lost sheep without the brains to find my way. It shows that I am the bigger flake..

For all his wonderfully mad stories, which he installed at my website .http://poesyliang.net has no doubt entertained lots of idiots out there, me included. Fellow idiots, do click here to read Shawn John Michael here .http://
www.poesyliang.net/Article_view.asp?CatID=18. for hours of wonderfully idiotic pleasure. You will find yourself achieving that 'idiotic no reason at all' chuckle that Michael has perfected. The danger is it WILL be infectious. Oh well, perhaps the world needs more chuckling idiots than angry 20-somethings...

All in all, *Commonjack, thanks for standing out during the first day of the Criminal Law lectures or I wouldn't have spotted you like the bossy bitch vulture I am.
Little did I know that you are an aspiring stage performer. Thank god you don't have that naturally vain personality or I would have to delete you from my Friendster. Keep up the great job in being the earnestly good boy you try to be.
Good luck for your exams. Pass me all your notes and sell me all your books after that please? Haha..

that was testimonial number 1. then she wrote me a second one! (after i wrote her a pretty good one myself! heh)

Thanks for writing one of the best testimonials for me. It was thought provoking.

*Commonjack is generously helpful too. He got my registration forms and sent it all the way to my house with a crazy companion one night. If he didn't do that, I would probably be a law school drop-out (although there is no saying that I wouldn't be, just that with his help I won't drop out this year).

GURLSSSSS. This is the man! The epitome of a sensitive gay man in a heterosexual being. Goodlooking (a bit hitam manis), gentleman, potentially dresses well (he doesn't seem to care), smart, very sensitive, earnest to goodness.

Don't you ever turn gay or I won't have an example of good guys out there who likes women. And don't ever be a two-timing bastards like so many guys out there who has it all. Anyway, hang in there bloke with your studies.

Don't tear your hair out cos I think you look better with hair!

yep. that's it. poesy, if you ever read this - thank you.

aih - f**kin' exam results...i still don't have 'em!

No comments: