Friday, May 19, 2006

quick quick stuff.

ok ok - i should be studying. i know. i know. but i've decided to post some stuff up just to get it out of the way.

1. Shattered Lives & Broken Dreams ... James O'Barr and Ed Kramer.

i know who's been reading my blog properly now. i know how you (you know who you are!) knew that i would just *die if someone got this for me! (refer to post entitled, "THE CROW - the graphic novel") nevertheless, you've made it into my list of 'most favourite people in the world'. in fact, rest assured - you're spot on that list is secured for life. barring nothing! no exceptions unlike all those freakin' law principles that *always have exceptions!

call me when you get back! dinner, lunch, movie - whatever, on me. *grin.

2. Proud Uncle in the house.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
X
my youngest nephew at 3 months! (Johnathan) such a poser pic lah this one. but cute as hell. aww heck - this is one helluva good pic.


X
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
X
this is the most recent pic i have of the older nephew (2 years old), Alex at his new place! (my bro and family in S'pore moving on to a bigger and better future...have fun and good luck with the move! will come down and help out with loose ends when i finish my exams.

if you've just hopped on the "New Generation of Chen's bandwagon" ... previous posts are...Friday, February 10, 2006 entitled, "New Chen" and Monday, February 27, 2006 entitled, "More on My Nephews."

3. Exam woes.

you know, all this while i've been bitching and wailing about how i'm scared shitless about Law and why i hate it. the reasons being i'm not handling it well and that doesn't say much about what kind of person i am.

then it hit me the other day, this isn't me. the lousy way i'm going about doing Law. it's not the real me. there are a lot of things in life i make myself do regardless of whether i enjoy doing it or not. i do things cause it is the right thing to do. cause that is my driving force. it leads me to things i'm passionate about most of the time. some things that seem wrong to most, i sometimes do because i know that the ultimate end will be right. i've always taken pride in myself that the right thing by others are not necessarily right with me.

(sure i've made mistakes - i admit. i'm not perfect. i make my apologies where i have to. the rest, i make none.)

sure - i may not be facing down Law in the best possible fashion. it says something. sure it does. it says exactly just that. that with this particular thing, i'm not faring so well. but that doesn't mean it'll apply to everything else in my life for the rest of my life. that's just my brain going on overdrive.

maybe i'm just naive and this is just me trying to justify myself or whatever ... you're entitled to an opinion. i'm just sticking with mine for now.

anyway: exam schedule ...

MAY 23rd, Tues at 2.30pm till 5.30pm - i've got Jurisprudence.
JUNE 1st, Thurs at 2.30pm till 5.30pm - i've got Company.
JUNE 7th, Wed at 9am till 12pm - i've got Family.
JUNE 9th, Fri at 9am till 12pm - i've got Succession.

then FREEDOM ... (sing it with me now...) FREEDOM... *grin.

take care y'all.

signing off, the commonjack.

1 comment:

michaelcsm said...

thanks for the reassurance dude. it is appreciated.